REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
* Print two (2) completed copies, keeping one copy for your records.
* Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment.
(Dues amount on application). (Applications are also available at the Post.)
Click the link to request your Military Service Records Online, by Mail, or by Fax: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
3. Membership Dues Payment. Please see the application tab for amount dues. Make checks payable to our post, John Harold Buckley, Post 32. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on having served at least 1 day of honorable service in the
U. S. Armed Forces between the dates:
DECEMBER 7, 1941 TO PRESENT
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates above and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.